The Ambulatory Surgery Center Nurse is a licensed registered nurse with advanced specialized training in surgery settings. The Surgical Nurse coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family/significant other teaching and provides leadership by working collaboratively with other members of the Health Care Delivery Team.
• Patient assessment is continuous and is documented on the Operating Room record according to policy.
• Nursing interventions are prioritized to provide optimum patient outcomes.
• Knowledge and consideration of potential complications in the care of the peri-operative patient is demonstrated by appropriate patient supplies and organized set up and is reflected in the Nursing Plan of Care.
• Knowledge of anesthetic techniques (general, regional, local) and surgical procedures is demonstrated by documentation and the Nursing Plan of Care.
• Safety is demonstrated by maintaining the patient free from injury during the peri-operative experience.
• Established policies and procedures for aseptic technique will be adhered to.
• Competency with patient care protocols is demonstrated by patient monitoring and documentation.
• Patient transfer/transport is patient focused and transition is efficient.
• Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of patient care.
• Respect patient and family human rights at all times.
• Maintain patient advocate role at all times.
• Successful completion of RN program, BSN preferred
• Active unencumbered Maine license
• Previous Ambulatory Surgery or OR Pre and Post Op, Circulating and PACU experience required. Endoscopy experience preferred.
• ACLS and PALS preferred
• Caring and compassionate demeanor
• Excellent professional judgment, assessment taking, phone skills and decision making ability
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks without sacrificing quality
InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.