Responsible for greeting incoming patients, collecting payments from patients, scheduling appointments as necessary for follow up and ancillary appointments, and post charges as applicable.
• Greet incoming patients using friendly, respectful communication
• Obtaining and documenting up to date demographic information for patient, including updated insurance information, license information, etc.
• Accept patient payments and document accordingly
- Familiar with payments required from patients enrolled in all insurance plans that InterMed participates with and collect necessary co-pays
- Maintain accurate transaction batches on credit card machine; balance cash drawer
- Assist billing office with problem resolution as necessary
• Notify clinical staff that patient has arrived via the EMR
• Make patient aware of any unusual delay in their appointment time
• Answer incoming telephone calls using pleasant phone voice and proper telephone etiquette
• Be familiar with forms necessary for patient appointments
- To include printing, assembling, and mailing patient packets
• Be familiar with computerized appointment scheduling system and schedule patients with all necessary follow-up and ancillary appointments
• Ability to prioritize telephone encounters
• Monitor automated confirmation calls and update EMR
• Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member
• Proficient with Windows based computer applications
- Accurate transcribing and data entry skills
- Excellent typing and accurate documentation of patient encounter
InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.