The primary function of the Urgent Care Intake Triage Nurse, Level I (Triage Nurse) is to provide telephone triage and patient placement services using decision support software. The Triage Nurse will place patients in the urgent care schedule or primary care schedule based on the patient’s clinical presentation and level of acuity. The Triage Nurse must have the ability to assess patient’s health problems and needs; determine an appropriate pathway and plan of care; review and maintain medical records through excellent documentation. The Triage Nurse may also provide home care advice, guidance and education to the patient on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management in cooperation with the provider and the treatment plan.
In addition to the primary function, the Triage Nurse will provide high quality direct care to patients in the urgent care department and provide other clinical service support functions as needed. The Triage Nurse acts as an integral member of the clinical team promoting professional excellence, teamwork and collaboration to facilitate the best care of patients across the various care disciplines.
• Answer phone and assess complex clinical patient calls in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide clinical counsel and placement services to patients
• Provide patient education utilizing Clear Triage decision support software.
• Proficiency in a Windows based computer system
• Demonstrate excellent typing skills and accurate documentation of patient encounters.
• Gather up to date patient information; surgical history, family history, and social history for patient visits
• Assess, systematically collect and prioritize data related to patient health status and work in collaboration with physicians and the clinical support team to develop a plan of care.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and deliver care in a manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs
• Support the clinical team and provide direct patient care as needed
• Respond to medical office emergencies with the care team and administer CPR and basic first aid when required (and as demonstrated by competency)
• Recognize the importance of the patient, family, and/or caregiver to patient centered care
• Demonstrate a respectful and positive attitude to all patients, coworkers and providers
• Participate in training and comply with all policies, procedures and safety requirements of InterMed staff
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.