InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). To read more about this, view the
EEO is THE LAW
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Urgent Care Triage RN
Full Time 32-40 hrs/wk
• Answer phone and assess complex clinical patient calls in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide clinical counsel and placement services to patients
• Provide patient education utilizing Clear Triage decision support software.
• Proficiency in a Windows based computer system
• Demonstrate excellent typing skills and accurate documentation of patient encounters.
• Gather up to date patient information; surgical history, family history, and social history for patient visits
• Assess, systematically collect and prioritize data related to patient health status and work in collaboration with physicians and the clinical support team to develop a plan of care.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and deliver care in a manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs
• Support the clinical team and provide direct patient care as needed
• Respond to medical office emergencies with the care team and administer CPR and basic first aid when required (and as demonstrated by competency)
• Recognize the importance of the patient, family, and/or caregiver to patient centered care
• Demonstrate a respectful and positive attitude to all patients, coworkers and providers
• Participate in training and comply with all policies, procedures and safety requirements of InterMed staff
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Successful completion of RN program, BSN preferred
• Active unencumbered Maine nursing license
• At least three years of hands on, direct patient care experience in a primary care or acute care setting required
• I.V. and phlebotomy competency preferred
• Splinting experience preferred
• Caring and compassionate demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks without sacrificing quality
• Must successfully be fitted for a N95 mask
• Proficient computer knowledge and accurate typing skills with Windows based programs, including electronic medical records programs
• Telephone triage and general triage experience preferred
• Excellent typing skills and ability to accurately transcribe
Other Job Information (if applicable):
36 hours a week, 3 twelve hour shifts a week, 7:00am to 7:00pm, rotating schedule Monday through Friday, every other weekend and some holidays.
InterMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.